Saturday, January 1, 2011

this is my face.

the final examination for my first drawing course in the appalachain state institution was to do a self portrait. mainly i wanted to portray myself in the most honest manner possibly, examining the relationships between the features of my face and neck and whatnot. but as my instructor, TIM FORD, suggested (and he's right) i could've taken this illustration further and really pushed the bounds of visual interest. he wants for me more than merely. so just wait, next semester i'm going to really push it find my boundaries until i'm at the edge of it all looking down

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying a quiet morning, and although I have never followed anyone!s personal blog, I will be a follower of your's. I am not sure if this comment is coming just to you or to anyone who reads/looks at your blog (I would rather it be personal), but I will comment along the way as you are allowing us a wonderful look into your work. Thank you!

    Your work is developing by leaps and bounds. You are finding your way to incorporate your inner emotional responses to your environment and you capability to render a visual representation that is engaging and challenging to the viewer. Perhaps because I am aware of your growth as a young woman and as an artist, I see great depth in this self portrait; it is far more than a representation of how you look....I can see determination and struggle, guestioning and confidence, beauty but not perfection.

    Thank you for creating this venue through which to see your work. I am sorry it has taken me so long to take the time to discover it and to enjoy it. It is inspiring
    To see this work. You ate portraying more than mere talent; you are portraying your search, your focus, and your attention to the set of perameters defined by
    Each assignment. This is to say you are pushing the limits, personal and technical, which is what art is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I obviously do not know how to blog. The above comment seems to be from "North Carolina Master Chorale (NCMC), but it is actually from your proud step mother!

    ReplyDelete